(Pakistan Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan,
Letters (12.80 days) Parcels (12.48 days)
1. The average transit time from AFGHANISTAN for retrograde
mail (mail leaving the AOR) is 11 days.
2. Mailing restrictions “H1- Pork or pork by-products
are prohibited and “V- Express Mail Military Service
(EMMS)” not available from any origin are the most common
restrictions for IRAQ.
3. All mailing restrictions for Overseas Military Mail can
be located in the most current USPS Postal Bulletin at www.USPS.com
4. Mail delivery frequencies to U.S. Service Members assigned to remote forward operating bases (FOBs) within Afghanistan are determined by unit commanders. Combat operations, weather, and enemy threat are considered when planning for resupply missions to FOBs, and are a significant cause of mail delays.
5. PS Form 2976 or PS Form 2976-A is required on all mail
articles containing merchandise.
6. Mailers should avoid including the city and country name
in the mailing address of an APO/FPO. This could confuse domestic
mailings with international mail.